Culture & Quality of Life
Charlotte’s vibrant culture and quality of living is a key attraction for young professionals.
- Each year, nearly 40,000 people between 20-34 years old move to the city of Charlotte.
- This number continues to drive a pivoting momentum for the growing region and resulted in Charlotte being rated as the #1 city for attracting millennials.
- Click here to see which cities millennials are leaving for Charlotte.
The cost-of-living in the Charlotte region is lower than the national average by 5 percent. Click here for more details.
Creativity is a vital and influential piece to the region’s economy, culture and livelihood.
- The creative industry generates nearly 58,000 jobs in the city of Charlotte and generates $359 million in economic impact for the region annually. Click here for more details.
As the sixth most active airport in the world, Charlotte Douglas Airport provides easy and affordable access to and from the region.
- 700 daily flights to more than 150 destinations
- 3 daily nonstop flights to Seattle
- 44 daily nonstop flights to New York
- 4 daily nonstop flights to San Francisco
- 24 daily nonstop flights to Washington D.C.
- 8 nonstop European destinations