Talent & Labor Force
The Charlotte region’s workforce and talent development plan creates a pipeline that grows and attracts a high percentage of young professionals.
- #1 City Where Millenials Are Moving – SmartAsset, 2017
- # 2 Economic Growth Potential – Business Facilities, 2017
- Among the labor force, the private job sector has seen a 24 percent growth rate making Charlotte the fourth best in the country among big cities.
- In the last three years, more than 65,000 students have graduated with degrees in technology from nearby universities.
- In the Charlotte region, the large headquarters talent labor pool makes up more than 150,000 workers.
- According to CBRE, Charlotte was the fastest growing tech talent metro in the country with 48,000 IT workers in the region and adding more than 21,000 tech talent jobs since 2011.
- With light rail on the verge of being operational to and from the UNCC main campus and Uptown Charlotte, there will be a direct pipeline to talent and research assets.